Saturday, August 15, 2009

Estoy muy decepcionante!

Or, as you would say in English, I am very disappointed... ...in my recent putchase at Amazon Books.

Free time is a luxury for the adults in this house. My only selfish pursuit is book club. I love it. I crave it like I crave chocolate, coffee with creamer, hugs from loved ones.

This month's read is "Ana Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy. A mere 500'ish pages.

Book club is in NINE days.

I despise going to book club having not read the book.

I ordered "Ana" from Amazon many weeks ago and have yet to find a moment to crack it open.

Until today.

Clark took Sylvie-Aganoti to run errands. I had about two whole hours of me-time. I was not going to work on the house. I was not going to spend it in the kitchen cooking or cleaning.

I snuggled up in the office chaise lounge. Put on my glasses. Pulled up a blanket. Flipped the reading light on. Peeked past the cover for the very first time...

...and

...IT IS IN SPANISH.

AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGG to Amazon Books!!!! Leo best captures my feelings writing, "Oh, why didn't I die? It would have been better!"- Book 4, Ch. 23

Does anyone have a spare copy of "Ana Karenina"?

No comments: