Monday, August 17, 2009

Leaping...

I am mailing one of the children's picture books I've written to Boyds Mills Press today.

Scary.

Thrilling.

Hand-wringing.

Laughable.

Believable.

BMP says it takes three months to get back to potential writers. That looks like mid-to-end of November.

Inside the Self-Addressed-Stamp-Enclosed envelope they send your manuscript back in if your story bombs, I put a sticky-note with my favorite quote and life-guide, "It is never too late to be what you might have been." (George Elliot) G.E. inspired me to go back to college, to get re-married, to adopt. His words fit many commencing moments in my life.

Today, I am leaping!

7 comments:

Becky and Naing said...

WOW ! How wonderful. Good for you. I'll be anxious to hear.

Jenny said...

Crystal,
Thats fantastic!I love the quote, that hence changed your life forever, and in such a good way, in soooo many ways! Awesome! I love famous quotes that are inspiring.My personal favorite is: "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of thier dreams" Eleanor Rosevelt
Doesn't all things in life revolve around that one statement of truth?? Great, inspiring.
Jenny L.

nancy said...

keep us posted!!!!!

Kristine said...

Yea! Can't wait to read it!!

Michelle said...

Yay! I am glad that you decided to do it!

Jeanette said...

Crystal - this is fantastic news! i had no idea (and must speak with you about this one day as i've had 1 finished and 5 unfinished children's books sitting around waiting for me to grow a pair...). you're an inspiration, darling! LOTS of love to you!

Sandee said...

This is so excited Crystal.....wishing you great success.