Sunday, June 29, 2008

What We've Been Waiting For

We had a Montana Ethiopian picnic/waterpark gathering yesterday at Bonner Park. It was great with about 30 people and kids attending! Timing was perfect for our family as we've been really anxious about missing the agency's phone call from Ethiopia. Saturday's ET gathering was a wonderful distraction, while we waited for our agency to make contact with us again. The Ethiopian children were beautiful, the parents were knowledgeable, the food was fantastic! Clark and I held a one-year-old little girl adopted in April; our boys got to meet some great kids... It was wonderful. We played the day away and went to bed with our fingers crossed.

This morning we were treated to an email from the agency with a referral for a one-year-old girl. She is described as, "weak, a bit malnourished, beautiful, a head of hair (which they had to shave, I'm guessing lice), beautiful (really they said it twice!) and healthy (all blood-work came back ok)". She sounds perfect! I've been in tears off and on (ok, more on than off!) all day. We have a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will have pictures and a full medical/history profile in a few days. We are so, so excited!!!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats!! Little girls are so much fun!!!
I will keep you in my prayers in the days ahead hoping for good news of a court date to come your way!!

Blessings,

Chris

Outdrsycple said...

I'm glad the picnic was a good distraction. I'm so happy you got your referral too!

a.p. said...

I am so happy for you!!! I've been giddy ever since I read your news. Post the pictures soon!!!!

YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!

angie:)