Monday, January 26, 2009

Momma, at last!

I have been upgraded, from Poo-poo to Momma. Finally!!! While Poo-poo was cute, I felt the world come to a standstill when Sylvie-Aganoti looked at me with a smile and said "Momma" this weekend. So, if were wondering what that small blip in time was on Saturday morning, there you go!

Speaking of her language abilities, our Yahoo group's recent conversation has been how many words kiddos her age know and use. So, we started counting. We landed at a solid 35! Thirty-five words are absolutely incredible. S.A. has only been exposed to English for six weeks. She heard Oromo her first 10 months, Amharic her next 10 months, now English. She's on her third language in a year-and-a-half! What an amazing challenge.

Drum roll... They are, "Good girl (after using the potty), Hi, Bye-bye, More, Goodbye, All Done, All Gone, Apple, Milk, Juice, Yummy, Uh-oh, No, Remi (sometimes these last two are said together), Daddy, Momma, Cracker, Up, Eat, Baby, Down, Poo-poo, Sit, Peek-a-boo, Go Potty, Dog, Ball, Tea, Out, Woo-hoo, Yes, Hat, Pretty, Yea, Nice."

She has a soft, sweet little voice that is kind of husky. Unless she is mad, but that is a whole other post. We love hearing her talk!!!

Fresh out of the tub. Lois, I bet you recognize this shirt!

She loves to wear Jake's juggling rings on her head!

The snow in her hair was making her head sparkle!

Green is her best color.

9 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh wow. She looks so different all the sudden! Would you just look at that smile!!! I want you to know that I did not refer to you even once as poo-anything....it was hard, but I did it!! HaHa!! Congrats mama!!!

Becky and Naing said...

I lover reading your blog. She is so beautiful and i'm glad you are now mamma:)

Sandee said...

She looks so lovely, and healthy and happy. I remember praying for her when she was still in Addis. So wonderful to see her now!

Jenny said...

Crystal,
"A" is from Oromo region also! In some of his recent pictures(before his haircut) I was thinking that him and Sylvie have alot of simular looking features...maybe it's the Oromo???
Jenny L.
P.S. So glad you graduated to Momma!She can really talk for her age, huh??

Kristine said...

Awwww....that is the best word to hear!

Lisa said...

She is soooo beautiful!!!! There is NOTHING better than hearing mama! Zaela made me wait until last month!!!! It was worth the wait:-))

Anonymous said...

poo poo! Oh my that is so funny! I hadn't looked at your blog in a while and her pictures just take my breath away! She looks wonderful. I'm so happy for you Momma!

Bennett said...

wow what a beauty. I love the way the snow makes her hair glitter.

Nikko and Matt said...

Bazeezuz she is cute! Fiori is finally,kind of saying mama but I'm still not sure it it is directed to me.