Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Sparkling Moment

Simon and Sylvie-Aganoti have had the toughest time adjusting to "Who is the baby in this house?". Simon has been pretty good with her; though, definitely needing some extra cuddling and reassurance from us. S-A targets Simon sometimes. I don't know if it is that he is closest to her age (a seven year spread), that he is least likely to play with her, or that they both vie for the role of the youngest. Sometimes she will walk by him and with complete unsolicitation say, in a very snotty voice, "NO Simon!". Sometimes she will go into his room and mess with his things--not playing with them, but knocking them over and mixing them around. If he's on my lap, she wants up...

...on and on and on...

So, yesterday imagine my joy and surprise when I spied them on the deck giggling and playing together. Simon was writing words in Sylvie's blocks, reading them to her, then laughing when she stirred them up. I took my camera out to capture the moment when I found this....



"I love you Mom", ahhhh, my heart melted.

3 comments:

nancy said...

awwww, too precious.

Kristine said...

so sweet!!

Jeanette said...

magic! what a lucky mommy!