Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Two of our boys were witness to the accidental death of an 8-year-old girl on the 4th of July. She was electrocuted. Our kids were right there while it happened and while paramedics were unable to resuscitate her.

They are sad, confused and grieving for this little girl and her family.

One of my boys asked me if I would help him write a will because he's afraid he could die at any time. He is right, any of us could die at anytime. Though, usually kids do not spend time mulling that possibility over.

I've been having trouble staying asleep. I wake up to a pounding heart, grinding my teeth. It could have been my boys and the thought terrifies me.

We go to a trauma counselor tomorrow.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

We heard about this on the news, and we live in Missouri. How tragic, and how terribly sad that your kids saw it happen. I'm so sorry you're going through this, and I'm so sad for the loss of this little girl's life.

Kristine said...

OMGosh...will pray for you and your boys! and the girls family!

Becky and Naing said...

Oh Crystal how horrible for your boys and the child's family. Wow that is so hard for anyone to see.
I hope things get better for them and you.

opitz said...

we love you so!

Sarah Skarsten said...

Your kids are so lucky to have a mom who knows what to do to help them through this. Love and prayers for everyone affected by this tragedy.

Anonymous said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

angie

Lisa Bates said...

I'm so sorry that your family witnessed this. I pray that the peace that surpasses understanding helps your family heal from this unfortunate event.