Thursday, August 21, 2008

Agnoti's Birth-Father

I think about him every day. He lost his wife and then his child.

I am so thankful to him for allowing our family to raise his daughter. I am so sad for the circumstances that keep him from parenting Agnoti himself.

I wish we could hold this man's hands and convey the love we will shower on Agnoti, the promise to meet all of her needs forever, our intent to raise her knowing his love and his loss, our respect for his difficult choices, our commitment to embrace the traditions, the history and the beauty of Ethiopia.

I wish we could let him know that we feel his daughter in our hearts; that we fall asleep at night thinking of her and praying for her, and wake up doing the same.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog and this post touched me so much. Right now our family is waiting for a referral that should come any day now. We find ourselves praying so hard for the parent/parents of our little boy. That they'll have a peace about letting him go, that he'll be raised in a good, Christ-centered home. It's such a journey, isn't it? I read back a little...I'm so sorry you didn't make it thru. Praying you feel God's arms wrapped around you...
Now I'm gonna go read all that info you posted above-thanks!

Anonymous said...

I meant to say that they'll know he'll be raised in a Christ-centered home...sorry! (;

Kim said...

I know i deal with this all the time, right now I am concerne for my daughters father, she even asked to go to him the other night broke my heart.