Friday, August 15, 2008

Tidbits...

Linsy (superhuman) has been continuing to update us about Agnoti. This is an amazing feat, as her little-one has been in and out of the hospital the whole time she's been in Ethiopia. She and Rick (her husband) also have a 2.5-year-old at the orphanage, so when she visits Daniel, she spends time with our girl too. Thankfully, Linsey gets to scoot home a couple of weeks early with Abdisa on a Medical Visa to get him the care he needs in the US. He'll be ok, he's fighting some bugs, malnutrition, etc. Abdisa only weighs around 4 lbs. at 4 months!

Posting the last few emails from Linsey:

Email #1: We will give her her bear next time.... Too crazy the first time. I did give her a sticker though and she ate it... I had to fish it out of her mouth in pieces. Oops.

Email #2: I hate to tell you this but I don't think they are giving Agnoti the formula. I saw them deliver a bunch of cups on a tray and randomly passed them out for the toddlers to drink. The nurse was very friendly to me and I will talk to her about giving Agnoti special formula... I will let you know how it goes. She was very bright eyed and playful so I think whatever she is getting is good.

Email #3: We saw Agnoti today. She is potty trained, can walk holding on to your fingers, and loved her bear! She laughs and smiles & looks really good. I can't chat much but I will talk to you when I get back. Try to come over on the am of the 20th before I go to Billings and you can see her video. She is strong and doing great... Don't worry at all, she will be a great addition to the boys. Linsey

My reflections... She is strong and doing great, thank God!!! She has a penchant for stickers. :) Darn it about the formula. Our agency director is going to ET on Monday and will look into the formula situation. Bright-eyed, playful, walks while holding on and potty trained. POTTY TRAINED!!!! What the heck, she's a one-year-old!!! I guess we better get a potty. :) And she loved the bear we sent, awwww.... These bits of information are invaluable. We really look forward to Linsey and Absida's safe return.

3 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

Glad to hear she is doing well. I hope you can get the formula situation figured out...that girl needs her food from momma. I love the pics of the boys with their headbands...how cute the will adore their baby sister.

Mom and Dad Thompson said...

WON'T THOSE BOYS JUST LOVE THIS PHOTO IN ABOUT 10 YRS!! GPA SAYS HE STILL LOVES THOSE BOYS, NO MATTER WHAT THEY WEAR, HA!

Anonymous said...

so glad to get positive news. cant wait to see current pics