Friday, August 8, 2008

Info about Agnoti

Our friend Linsey just arrived in Ethiopia and today she sent the following:

Just wanted to let you know we saw your baby girl today. She is very beautiful. We got lots of photos of her drinking milk from a cup, smiling & climbing on a car seat. She babbled a little. While she was playing a couple boys cornered her & she got scared and started to cry. I went and rescued her & she stopped crying until I had to put her down. I am pretty sure she is going to be a cuddle bug and never want to be set down again. The nurse told me while I was holding her that she was 'weak', I asked if she was getting better and she said 'oh, yes'. I pray you made it through court...
She is ready to come home and I envision her taking hold of your family really fast. She did not ask to be held when I put my arms out to her but she definately didn't complain either. I will do measurements next time we go back.
I did not see her crawl or stand.... Not sure she even puts weight on her legs much; however, she did stand up in a car seat that she was playing on. If I had to guess I would say she weighs about 10lbs max. She was very light and her bottom-half felt very small to me compared to her upper body.
Email me and let me know what else you want me to tell you about her. Crystal she is very beautiful and has a gorgeous smile... I wish I could send you photos right now. Hang in there and keep me posted on your status. Love Linsey

This new information on Agnoti is priceless. We we can not express how thankful we are to get Linsey's first-hand account of how she is doing. It is really hard to hear that she seems to have lost weight. We are worried about her. News of our court appeal can not come fast enough.

2 comments:

Sandee said...

Great news on little Agnoti. Praying for her health and thriving while we wait on governments to move. God has her cuddled in His palm. I KNOW He is especially fond of her.

Blessings and Prayers

Anonymous said...

So I talked to Ernie (the lady I work with that is black) to get some hair tips and she told me to tell you not to do her hair yourself. She said "white people can't do black hair, take her in every month or so to have it done." Apparently it's nappy and just different and something that should not be tried at home but only trusted to a professional or tragedy may ensue! An analogy would be the kid at school whose mom cuts their hair.
Anyway, I check the blog daily for updates and have you and Agnoti in my prayers. Can't wait to meet her!
Love,
Alyssa