Monday, August 18, 2008

Puke and Poop




Sometimes puke and poop happens where it shouldn't at our house. As a bargaining tool before getting our dog, Margaux, I promised Clark to be the future cleaner of all household messes. Well, tonight, our beautiful red-head lost it on the carpet in the hallway (apparently she has been into something other than dog food!). Good to my word, I was the cleaner. It got me thinking...
This seemed a very safe bet when we had three boys old enough to make it to the toilet for years. Things are about to drastically change with a one-year-old! I no longer like my role as master of puke and poop. Clark says he has a role equivilant--taking the garbage to the street on Friday morning. Hmmmm... I don't know about that.

2 comments:

Outdrsycple said...

I have to say I don't think trash duty really counts as equal to puke and poop clean up. I can only say this because for two years I cleaned dog pee, poop and puke out of my brand new carpet nearly every day! This was from two different and young dogs mind you. And the other day I stepped in my cat's puke on the way to get our daughter out of bed and then had to clean up her pee out of the carpet when she decided not to use the potty. Oh the fun.

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I think you got hosed on that one....garbage is not the same as puke and poo!! When we got back from ET, Big Gus barfed twice a day, every day, for 3 days!! I think it was because we didn't take his food to the kennel. Yucky!!!