Saturday, September 20, 2008

Homecoming


This very weekend last year went to our friend Pat's house and stood on his porch to watch the Homecoming Parade. There was a beautiful moment with Clark standing on a step behind me, his arms wrapped around. A daddy and his Asian-looking little girl walked in front of us on the sidewalk. She wore squeaking shoes; with every step they chirped. She was jumping, shoes chirping, holding her daddy's hand. I said to Clark, the next time we are at Homecoming, our daughter will be with us.

As you all know, our daughter is not home. We have watched the changing season and I have been thinking of that little girl with the squeaking shoes, of the parade and the daughter we planned to take this year.
Homecoming was today and Liam had a football game scheduled at the same time. As we stood watching the game today Clark was standing behind me, his arms wrapped around. We were not at the parade but I said to Clark, the next time we are at Homecoming, our daughter will be with us. She will; I know it.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Girl, you keep hanging in. You have to. Next year she will be home, squeaky shoes and all! :)