Saturday, September 6, 2008

In a chocolate shop!


Clark and I had some kid-free hours today and headed downtown. Missoula is having a German beer festival (I thought today) that we were going to visit. A beer, a brat, German music--sounded up our alley. Well, as we were finding a parking spot, the clientele looked different than we expected. Turns out that we were right on time for Hemp-fest. Hmmm, no thanks. The German festival is tomorrow. We quickly changed plans and were soon walking the downtown strip. I bought some great new shoes and we made a quick visit to Posh Chocolat (the BEST chocolate!). They also have a lunch menu featuring... AN ETHIOPIAN CHICKEN CREPE!!!! We ordered one to share and it was fantastic. I took a picture of the crepe with my cell phone, but somehow deleted it. We'll have to go back for a new picture! :) And, the crepe was absolutely delicious.... I never would have dreamed that we'd find Ethiopian food in a chocolate shop!

I am finding myself in a funny place with our adoption. I've regressed. When we decided to switch to Ethiopia our plans did not seem real for a long time. During this period I found myself telling anyone who stood still about our adoption. While sharing, I'd get this excited, buzzy feeling, like a first date with someone wonderful... As our adoption became more real, we got a referral, things were looking good, the need to do this abated. Well friends, it is back and going strong. During our brief outing today I told five people about our adoption. The buzzy, first date feeling is gone, replaced by a hollow, overwhelmed, dejected feeling. It is so frustrating to not have information, to not have any kind of idea of a date, to hold nothing but question marks in our hands.

I think I'll head back to Posh for some chocolate therapy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talk away, I'd love to listen! Angie:)

Outdrsycple said...

Oh Crystal, I hope you hear soon. The ups and downs can be so hard. I bet once you have new travel dates the first date feeling will be back.