Monday, October 6, 2008

Head check!

Our newest court date is October 14th, just a few days away. I have been searching for an auspicious event telling us this date is THE ONE. Until today, the most auspicious event I could muster was that a woman that I do not know has a sister with (she thinks) a birthdate of the 14th. That's not cutting it.

As many of you know, I work in an extremely low-income school. Around 80% of our kiddos qualify for Free-and-Reduced Meals. We have the highest transitory population in Missoula, as well as the highest rate of families experiencing homelessness. With that said, we also have an outstandingly high rate of head lice. Yep, head lice.

Back to our daughter...

When our beautiful girl, Sylvie-Agnoti, was brought to the orphanage she had a HUGE head of hair. It probably stood off her head 4-5 inches. It was thick, it was curly, and it stood straight up like Don King's. I loved it. Well, her hair-do was short-lived because it was crawling with critters. Her head was shaved bald, oh-so-bald, like Don Rickles. A couple of days later her playmates were bald. A few days after that some of the older kids were bald as well. Pretty soon, bald kids left and right. Clark and I have joked about our girl infecting the masses.

So....

An official email from Missoula County Public Schools Health Nurse arrived in my Inbox today. October 14th all children in our school are to be checked for lice. OUR DAUGHTER'S COURT DATE IS ON HEAD CHECK DAY!!!!

Is that auspicious or what? Ok, I'll keep searching. In the meantime, a few photos below...

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Girl, you are cracking me up! I'm sure the head-check on the 14th is a true sign from the Almighty! I'll keep praying just in case it's not...

Wayne and Steph said...

HEY, WE'LL TAKE WHAT WE CAN GET!!LICE-DAY OR NO!THE DAYS FLY BY SOMETIMES AND AT OTHER TIMES IT JUST CRAWLS. JUST KEEP UP YOUR SPIRITS AND HUM ALONG, IT'LL HAPPEN...WHEN IT HAPPENS. (AND WE'RE READY FOR SOME GOOD NEWS.)

Kristine said...

The 14th is going to be a great day!!!