Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Strike 3, 4, 5

We've lost count.

Our adoption did not pass through court today. There does not seem to be a sensical reason for it. A letter was sent saying no that overrode our letter saying yes that overrode our letter saying no that overrode a favorable recommendation. What the heck!!!

We are angry, frustrated, and so, so sad. Our daughter is growing up in an orphanage and we are missing it. So many of our friends have kids her age. We watch in their kids what our daughter is doing; we hear their milestones and can not participate in Agnoti's. We feel so powerless and hopeless.

I sat in on two job interviews today for maternity leave that we thought was beginning in a few weeks. It was going to happen this time. I sit in on another interview tomorrow. My employer is losing patience with this unpredictability.

I want to scream and cry and throw things.

I want to go to Ethiopia and hug our girl.

I want to know her beyond pictures.

I want to stop feeling so damn lonely for someone I've not even met.

New court date: about three weeks from today, based on the Ethiopian calendar. We do not know when that will be.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Crystal,
I am so very, very sad you didn't pass court again, I feel scared for myself going into something so uncertain as well.
I'm praying for you and your family, I hope that someday very soon you get to hold your sweet little girl.
Sincerly, Jenny L.

Outdrsycple said...

Crystal, I'm so so sorry for you. I can't even imagine how hard this part is. God is taking care of her while you wait. We will remember her and you in our prayers.

Sandee said...

I am so so sorry Crystal. Praying for you and yours.

ellerbee eight said...

Crystal,
We are praying for your little girl. The day is coming when you will meet her, and it will be the best day ever. Hold on just a little longer. Once you get that magical phone call, you will be making plans and you will feel like you don't have enough time to get everything done. Another one of those crazy adoption things we never knew until we did it! Good luck!