Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm "IT"


I was tagged. Thanks Gina Ellerbee, I'd flown under the radar until now. :)

Are you sure you really want to know 6 random things about me?!?

One: Clark proposed to me in French. I do not speak French but Clark dabbles in it and I think it is a beautiful language. Ahhhhh, when he speaks French I get the warm-fuzzies. Though, in retrospect, I might have said yes to just about anything. Some examples: Will you stay on your side of the bed, or at least the in the middle? Can you please, please stop running late? Do you promise to be the one who scrubs the bathroom toilet? Will you vote Republican? The answers to all of these questions are "No, no, no and more no!"

Two: I draw goofy pictures on the the kids' lunch bags. Ok, I draw them on Clark's as well. Fine, mine too...

Three: We had a shrunken-head in our basement while growing up. True. Gross. But true. My great-grandfather was a U.S. Ambassador in Mexico and was gifted the head on a trip to Brazil. Can you imagine giving someone the gift of another's head? As kids, it seemed normal. We called him Horace. Some of our friends refused to sleep over if we were sleeping in the basement(Alyssa!). I now know that it is not normal to have a shrunken-head...

Four: A heart-shaped rock is the perfect gift for me. I collect them. I love them. They fit into a hand just right. Sometimes on a really, really bad day I've been know to slip one in my pocket and carry it with me. It helps. From the time my kids were little, they've looked for heart-shaped rocks for me. When we moved, I dug several up from my garden to move with us.

Five: I write children's books, but am too afraid to look into having them published. When I write a book I wake up with the idea and have to go write it at that very moment. It's happened at all times of the night. I know that's weird. I have written several. Two are really good. I get scared, like icy-water moving over my body, when I think about doing something with them. I need a nudge. Clark said if I found a way to make one-million dollars we could adopt again. Maybe that is my nudge...

Six: I usually only really, earnestly pray when I want something. I am exploring that. I read a book not long ago addressing prayer. It suggests that anytime you engage in a truly honest conversation with another prayer is happening. Prayer does not have to be a formal event, on your knees, to God. Prayer is about living compassionately, unselfishly and carefully. Prayer is about truth as a way of being. I have a lot of thoughts rattling around in my head and heart about my own spirituality right now. I usually do not share my ideas and questions out of not wanting to offend or not wanting to seem silly and lost. Sometimes risking offense and feeling silly or lost can be very productive.

So that's it. Something romantic, something goofy, something creepy, something sappy, something scary, and something searching. Thanks Gina, that felt good!
The next contestants on You Have Been Tagged are..........
Michelle & Casey McDowell (yes, both of you!!!) http://mcdowellfamilybuzz.blogspot.com
Linsey Wisemann

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Thanks for the tag. I think I've shared almost every random fact I can think of about me. But I'll try to come up with a few more. ;)

Yours were good!


Love you!

Rebecca said...

Wow!! A real shrunken head. You're the first person I've ever known who had a shrunken head in her basement! And I love the heart-shaped rocks.

Anonymous said...

I totally remember that shrunken head. I thought it was cool. (and now I work in hospice. hmm....)

Nikko and Matt said...

Ooh, I want to read your children's books.