Thursday, December 11, 2008

Aganoti News!

Aganoti is having a great day. She crawled! And she took a few steps to us!!! She is much more outgoing, smiling and laughing. And, yes, crying a little. All good signs that she is settling in with us. I can't wait for everyone to meet her!

We notice that when we leave our room, she gets nervous and quiet. She tucks her head into my chest and grabs onto my shirt tight. We are trying to stay in as much as possible.

Clark is out getting gifts and fun things from Ethiopia today with our driver, Ayalie. I wonder what surprises he will bring back?

Some fun things about Aganoti:
1. When she eats, she holds her hand up for a kiss between bites.
2. She loves eggs and does not like citrus.
3. We say "Ahhhh" and she opens her mouth to brush her teeth. She uses her tiger toothbrush.
4. Her diapers are horrible smelling--worse than the Zoology Museum (dead animals). Ok, that one isn't much fun.
5. When we say "up" she raises her arms to be picked up.
6. She is getting four teeth at the same time! The sharp, pointy ones, ouch!
7. She sleeps all night long. And takes two huge naps during the day.
8. She isn't very ticklish, but likes the game where my fingers crawl toward her like a spider.

I am looking forward to Sunday night at 11:41 when we fly in. Hugs and kisses, Crystal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sounds delightful! What a ray of sunshine she will bring into your home.
Sarah S.

Anonymous said...

Crystal, Clark & Family: Congrats! How exciting!! I've been checking your blog almost every day for the last few weeks, waiting for news! I was so excited to hear about the first four hours, and I cried when I read about the cherry socks. I am truly thrilled for your family, and for your newest little one. Thanks for letting me share in your happiness. :) Best of luck on your travels home.
~ Jill Hoven

Anonymous said...

We are very excited for you two! (I mean all 5 of you) to get such a beautiful addition to your little family. We'll get together after the holidays and when you're all settled in! Have a safe flight home! XOXO

---Kari and Jake

Munchkins said...

Oh! Can't wait to see pics! She sounds adorable!!!!!!!