Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Home

It feels so good to be home. I have so much to write about but am feeling overwhelmed and tired. This is such an emotional experience...

Aganoti is doing well. She was amazing on the 40-hour trek home. She sat, she snuggled, she slept, she ate. She was the baby that people kept coming up to at the end of each flight to say they'd never seen a baby travel so well. It was unbelievable.

Yesterday we took her to see our pediatrician. If you can believe it, she has already progressed to a size 12-month in clothes and is wearing a size 3 diaper instead of size 2. It has only been 8 days! She weighs 17 pounds and our Dr. feels really good about her health overall. He did refer her to a pediatric opthalmologist, as her eyes have some dark spots in them and do not react to light like typical. Though she appears to see well. I am making that appointment today.

My sweetie-pie is awake and calling my name. :) More later....

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I continue to follow your journey, and I'm so happy that you're home and settling in!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are all home, safe and sound. I can't wait to meet Agnoti. Bring her to school when you think she's ready.

Angie

Munchkins said...

Yay! Welcome home!!!! Olivia was 18.2 lbs at her first dr. visit. But that was 2 or 3 weeks after we got home. So tiny! She has really filled out since being here! Glad you'll all back and adjusting.

Anonymous said...

Words cannot describe how beautiful Agnoti is. I'm so glad you brought her to visit today. Congratulations. Brandon, Ana, and I will come visit soon.
xoxo,
Sarah

Jenny said...

Crystal,
I can't wait to see picture's of Aganoti with her family! Congratulations!
Jenny Learn

Rebecca said...

Hey mama! Glad that you're home and getting settled in. It amazes me how quickly these kids rally. We want to see a couple pics when you get a chance!!

Kristine said...

Welcome home Agnoti!!!