Monday, December 8, 2008

Aganoti!

We have had Aganoti with us for four hours. She has been completely silent. She does not want to make eye contact; though, she likes to be held. I can imagine the shock she feels with us coming to pick her up. Especially since yesterday they moved to a new orphanage. She must be reeling from change. She fell asleep earlier in the car ride to the guest house and snores in her sleep. Clark told our driver that she sounds like me. Thanks Clark... About a half and hour ago she was wet and poopy. I changed her (and her clothes). When I left the room to wash my hands, she cried. It was the first sound she had made. We both felt relieved. Clark picked her up, cuddled her close and she fell asleep.You would not believe how beautiful she is. The pictures we have seen of her do not do her justice. She is absolutely breath-taking. I could look and look at her.

We will not be able to get a cellphone. I am sorry boys, and I am disappointed. We will keep working on it, but we might just have to email back and forth.Jake, please make sure you read my emails to your brothers. We love you boys and miss you. I was glad that you did not have to ride the airplane with us, it was really difficult. Hot, smelly, lights on at night-time, and quite a bit of turbulence. It was not dangerous, but Clark and I felt really sick the entire time from Washington DC to Ethiopia. I can't wait for you boys to meet your sister. I think you will bring the smiles and giggles out in her.

Love you, Mom and Clark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am crying tears of joy for you right now! Congratulations Tower Family!!!!
hugs,
Sarah

Rebecca said...

I'm so happy to hear that you have Agnoti with you now. Don't worry, you will see her come out of her shell, and it will likely be faster than you think. So very happy for you and Clark!

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy Crystal & Clark! Finally you have that sweet girl! And yep--she'll be out of that shell in no time. Kostya did exactly the same thing. We can't wait to share your joy!
Tris